It just took me a while to re-find this info, so I'm posting it here for future reference. And as a reminder to all that this is possible.
WorldCat index descriptions: These are the codes you need to do complex searches in UW Worldcat.
For example, to search by publisher (Real life example! I just helped someone with this.):
pb: Wave Books
Update! Soon after the fact:
And then I reread the *entire* email where I found that link, and learned the following.
Diana tested a few of the labels. Some work and some don't in Worldcat Local.
So, this page may help staff, but isn't something you'd want to send out to our users without testing the label.
Anyway, not perfect, but still handy, I think...since I just dug down into a year-old email to find it.
My best guess for helping out our users is to send individual tested codes for now, and that we'd have to create a customized UW Worldcat tip sheet of handy labels.
Thanks again.
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment