A faculty member inquired about the standard journal abbreviation for a humanities journal.
I poked around for a while, and while I wasn't able to find an abbreviation for the title, I found the ISSN site with standard journal abbreviations, searchable by keyword. So you can search each word, and piece it together.
For example, the abbreviation for Revista de Literaturas Populares would be:
Rev. Lit. Pop.
Please note that if you use the search box to search by word, you need to truncate...for example revist instead of revista.
Instead, I used the the A-Z list, and did a Ctrl + F to find the word, rather than try to guess how the words would be truncated. Hope that makes sense.
The U of Illinois has a very helpful resource with more suggestions for standard abbreviations. (From which I learned that Web of Science abbreviations are *not* standard. Woops..."Dear all the people I've been helping for the past 10 years....")
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment