Thursday, August 20, 2009

Shorewood HS Summer AP Psych Assignment - Revised

Here's an email from Susan about this challenging assignment. I asked her to add the call numbers and print holdings for these journals. I will also be forwarding her email to the teacher for his edification.

There were a few issues. The assignment calls for articles that are no more than 12 months old, but we don't have print holdings that recent for 25 of the titles. (For most of these, we have newer online holdings.) AND of those 25 titles, two ceased publication a long time ago (Animal Learning and Behavior in 2002, and Psychobiology in 2000). I didn't remove any of these titles from the main list, but I attached a little list of them in case we do decide to remove them.

I did have to remove one title, though: Animal Behavior. This journal doesn't actually seem to exist. There is a journal named Animal Behaviour, but this was on the assignment list as well. I searched WorldCat and Ulrich's and the web in general and didn't find anything. (There is an Animal Behavior Abstracts, which won't meet the assignment criteria, and a Journal of Animal Behavior that hasn't been published since 1917!) Even if the spelling variation is listed
just to be helpful, our system doesn't redirect to Animal Behaviour so it's confusing.

I also updated a few titles that have been moved to different libraries.

No comments:

Post a Comment