Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Photograph of Jesus

No, I didn't receive this as a reference question (although I do recall a librarian at former library saying that they once received a request for a "photograph of jesus" from a student at the reference desk).

This is the title of a short film I saw at SIFF last night. It deals with the strange, implausible reference questions received at Getty's Hulton Archive in London. It's really funny, 7 minutes long, and completely viewable online!

http://vimeo.com/2362113

Photograph of Jesus by Laurie Hill in association with the Getty Images Short & Sweet Film Challenge from Hulton Archive on Vimeo.


The film is directed by Laurie Hill, and is the winner of the 2008 Getty Images Short & Sweet Film Challenge, which asked filmmakers to create a film using visual content from the Hulton Archive.

Although not explicitly stated in the film, I think that for many of us this will bring to mind the "everything is online"/"if I've thought of it it must be out there!" notion that we see coming from students at the reference desk so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment